What makes VICS so good for all involved?
• 100% closed road events. No traffic whatsoever
• 100% 24/7 racing and training insurance coverage provided through Cycling Australia*
• Cycling Victoria to provide detailed Risk Management plan
• Training provided by Cycling Victoria to interested teachers in order to maximise safety for training groups in preparation for the series (see below 'Become a Coach')
• Appropriate training venue recommendations will also be made.
* Full policy information provided at: http://www.cycling.org.au/Membership/Member-Insurance
Interested teachers can complete the one day AustCycle Skills Coach qualification that will equip them with the skills and knowledge necessary to safely conduct training sessions with students. Courses are held regularly, and school specific sessions can be scheduled pending interest. Sessions will be funded by Cycling Victoria.
Click here for more information.
Click on the links to download:
VICS Rider Guide (pdf)
Victorian Interschool Cycling Series Risk Plan
VICS Entry Policy
VICS Extreme Weather Policy
VICS Contingency Policy